Carmel Academy is managed by the Carmel Jyothi Trust of St. Thomas Province of the Order of Carmelites in India.
The administration structure of Carmel Academy is as follows:
||: Very Rev. Fr. Thankachan Njalaith O.Carm.
|Administrator cum Bursar
||: Rev. Fr. Regi Jacob Pullan O.Carm.
||: Rev Dr. (Fr) Rinson George O.Carm.
||: Rev Fr. Sijo Jacob Pavarttikaran O.Carm.
Constitution and Functions of the School Managing Committee
Subject to overall control of the Trust, the School Managing Committee shall have the following powers/ functions:
- 1. It does have the power to supervise the activities of the school for its smooth functioning.
- 2. It works according to the specific directions given by the Trust regarding admission policy. Nevertheless, admissions will be granted as per the merit basis without any discrimination of caste/creed/region or religion.
- 3. It shall look into the welfare of the teachers and employees of the school.
- 4. It shall evolve both short-term and long-term programmes for the improvement of the school.
- 5. It does have the powers of appointment of teachers and non-teaching staff.
- 6. It does have the power to take stock of academic programmes and progress of the school without jeopardizing the academic freedom of the principal.
- 7. It does support the Principal to maintain tone and discipline in the school.
- 8. It does ensure that the norms given in the Act of the State and by the board regarding terms and conditions of service and other rules governing recognition/ affiliation of the school are strictly adhered to.
- 9. It does ensure that the school gets furniture, Science equipment, Library books and other teaching aids and the requisite sports material in adequate quantity and on time.
- 10. It does have powers to sanction leave to the employees.
- 11. It does ensure that no financial irregularity is adopted when admission/ examination/ transfer of students from one school to another is conducted.
- 12. It does have the power to propose to the Trust, the tuition fees and other annual charges and also review the budget of the school for the approval.
- 13. The Managing Committee will meet at least twice in an academic session.